May 12 at 8 PM – May 22 at 11 PM
Day 1: May 12, 2021
- Arrival and Tour of Banjul. Check into the hotel.
- Welcome event/Chill/Music by the pool
Day 2: May 13, 2021
- Morning Activity. Orientation to The Gambia: Languages, Life and Living.
- Religion and Ritual in the Gambia; Day of Eid observance.
Day 3: May 14, 2021
- Morning Activity. Welcome by President/Minister of Tourism & Culture. Food in the Gambia.
- Afternoon Activity. Community tour (Carnival from McCarthy Square to the Arch).
- Evening Social on the Beach
Day 4: May 15, 2021
- Morning Activity. Languages/Life of the Gambia. YouTube personalities
- Day Trip. Roots Pilgrimage/Juffureh, Albreda & Kunta Kinta Island. Meet Chief of Juffureh, meet Kunta Kinta Family & visit Slavery Museum.
- Evening Cultural Activity at hotel. (Wedding at Hotel)
Day 5: May 16, 2021
- Morning Activity. Community issues/Real Estate.
- Day Trip. Poco Loco Beach Club Drumming and Dance on the Beach
Day 6: May 17, 2021
- Morning Activity. Conference on Education and Development in the Gambia.
- Preparing for Ritual/Naming ceremony.
- Day Trip. The River Gambia/Fishing Village/Crocodile/Reptile Monkey
- Evening. Community Talk (Educators/Business/Health Care Experts)
Day 7: May 18, 2021
- Morning Activity. Conference on Leadership. Men/Women Rite Preparation.
- Day trip. Circles of Senegambia. Spiritual systems
- Rites of Passage/Initiation
Day 8: May 19, 2021
- Morning Activity. Responsibility or Return.
- Business/work in The Gambia.
- Cultural Festival/Rites of Passage
Day 9: May 20, 2021
- Morning Activity.
- Day of Community Service. (Service Learning)
Day 10: May 21, 2021
- Morning Closing.
- Starting a Business in the Gambia/Investing in The Gambia.
- o Day on your own
Day 11: May 22, 2021
Prepare to depart.